DR. AHMED ABDULLA FARHAN
CEO & FOUNDER
Aqeelah Yousuf Ahmed
Zahra Abdulla Shabib
A.Hadi Sh. Ebrahim Almubarak
- Doctor of Philosophy, PhD, Public International Law, University of Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom - July 1999.
- Master of Laws, LL.M, Public Law, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. June 1991.
- Bachelor of Law, LL.B, University of the United Arab Emirates, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates, January 1984.
- Legal Counsellor, Attorney before the Constitutional Court & the Court of Cassation, Managing Partner, Al Farhan Attorney & Legal Consultants (W.L.L. Co.) Since 2005.
- Certified Arbitrator, GCC Commercial Arbitration Centre, Kingdom of Bahrain, since 2003.
- Certified lecturer, Constitution & Parliamentary Law, Bahrain Institute for Political Development (BIPD), since 2006.
- Certified lecturer, Administrative & Constitution Law, Bahrain Institute of Public Administration (BIPA), since 2008.
- Certified lecturer, International Humanitarian & Human Rights Law, National Institution for Human Rights (NIHR), since 2010
- Assistant Professor (Part Time), International Human Rights Law, Ahlia University, since 2013.
- Certified lecturer in Law, The Judicial & Legal Studies Institute, (JLSI), Ministry of Justice, Islamic affairs & Waqf, since 2013.
- Member of the American Society of International Law, (ASIL), since 1999.
- Member of the Bahrain Bar Society, (BBS), since 2005.
- Legal Officer, Directorate of Military Justice, the Bahrain Defense Force (1984-2005):
- Chief, Military Public Prosecutor, (1984-1993).
- Chief, Division of Legal Affairs, (1994-2005).
- President of the High Military Court, (2000-2003).
- Judge at the Supreme Military Court of Appeal (2003-2005).
- Assistant Professor, (Part time), Criminal Law & Criminal Procedures, Gulf University, (2005-2006).
- Assistant Professor, (Part time), Public International Law & International Organizations, Applied Sciences University (2005-2007).
- Senior Legal Counsellor & Chief of the Legal Advisory Committee of the Council of Representatives, Kingdom of Bahrain, (2007-2009).
- Member of the Board of Trustees, National Institution for Human Rights (NIHR), (April 2010 - January 2011).
- Secretary-General, National Institution for Human Rights, (NIHR), (January 2011- April 2015).
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Bahrain Center for Strategic, International and Energy Studies (DERASAT), since November 2011-March 2015).
- Certificate in translation from (CIoL – Chartered Institute of Linguist) UK- 2018.
- Diploma in translation (CIoL – Chartered Institute of Linguist) 100 hours in Procloud Institute- 2017.
- Professional Management (ASMC) American Society of Management Consulting- 2012.
- Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education (INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY)- 2011.
- High National Diploma Certificate (HND) in Telecoms Engineering from “University of Sunderland” (United Kingdom)- 2001.
- “BTEC” National Diploma (OND) Certificate in Telecoms Engineering (University of Sunderland -UK)- 1992.
- Two years in Gulf Polytechnic College (Building Engineering)- 1978.
Previous and Current positions
- Freelance translator / Trainer (Own Business) - * See my translation projects below. (Affiliated with Babylon and Al Mar Translation Office) – Accredited translators)- Since 2010 – till now.
- English Coordinator / Public speaking trainer (toastmasters) at Al Muheet Institute / Assistant quality controller / representative of the institute as an interlocutor for English exams from International Language Cert – UK - Since April 2018 till today.
- Trainer at Al-Wasat Training & Development Institute (Diploma in Translation – CIoL as a freelance trainer- 2016.
- Field Finance Manager Office Manager / Translator ("ABA" American Bar Association)- 2009 – 2016.
- English Coordinator at Al Moallem Institute- 2009.
- Office Manager (Ahmed Mansoor Ala’li)- 2004 – 2009
- Building Constructions Contracting (Own Business)- 2003 – 2004.
- BATELCO (Purchasing & Stores) – (Senior Planning Designer for Telephone network)- 1979-2003.
Education and Courses
- Professional Management (ASMC) American Society of Management Consulting
- Train the trainer (Kingston Business Academy of Higher Education).
- English Courses up to “FCE” level
- The basic training program for External Plant Network 1991 (Hong Kong)
- External Planning “A” Copper Networks 1993 (United Kingdom)
- QuickBooks in Accounting (Jordan-Turkey-Thailand)
- Bachelor of Law, LL.B, University of Bahrain, Kingdom Of Bahrain, May2012.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND Certificates
- Professional Certificate in Engineering Arbitration)Arbitration and Construction Contract Under FIDIC( From the Commercial Arbitration Centre of the GCC countries- December 2017.
- Professional Certificate in the Qualification and Preparation Of Arbitrators From the Commercial Arbitration Centre of the GCC countries- November 2015.
- Certified Arbitrator at law in the Commercial Arbitration Centre of the GCC countries- 2015.
- Lawyer from 2012- Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Pass the fifth batch of for fresh lawyers course organized by the judicial and Legal Studies Institute (JLSI)- 2012-2013- Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Participated in many organized by the judicial and Legal Studies Institute (JLSI)-Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Pass the vocational training at the Ministry of Justice- 2012- Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Attended many open discussions and open lectures about the Human Rights in the Constitution of Bahrain organized by the National Institution of Human Rights- Kingdom of Bahrain
- Participated in First, Second and Third LAW symposiums which were held at the University of Bahrain.
- Participated in the pioneers program for the outstanding students in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Bachelor of Law, LL.B, University of Bahrain, Kingdom Of Bahrain, June 2014
ACHIEVEMENTS AND Certificates
- Lawyer from 2014- Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Pass the Eighth batch of for fresh Lawyers course organized by the judicial and Legal Studies Institute (JLSI) -2016- Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Pass the vocational training at the Ministry of Justice- 2014- Kingdom of Bahrain.
- 2009 - 2010 Participation in IT and business management forums at the University.
- 2009_Participation in Women and Law Forum, Faculty of Law, University of Bahrain
- 2009_2008 Participation in organizing the National Day events at the university.
- 2006_2007 Participation in Injaz Bahrain program in the skills of success
- June 2008: Passing the vocational training at Sitra Post within the community service program.