Tel: (973) 39936643 – 33636643 – 36396643
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Doctor of Philosophy, PhD, Public International Law, University of Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom – July 1999.
- Master of Laws, LL.M, (Graduate Diploma in Criminal Law, Graduate Diploma in Public Law), Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. June 1991.
- Bachelor of Law, LL.B, University of the United Arab Emirates, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates, January 1984.
- Legal Counsellor, Attorney before the Constitutional Court & the Court of Cassation, Managing Partner & the founder of AlFarhan Attorneys & Legal Consultants Law Firm since 2005.
- Certified Arbitrator, GCC Commercial Arbitration Centre, Kingdom of Bahrain, since 2003.
- Assistant Professor (Part Time), International Human Rights Law, Ahlia University, since 2013.
- Certified lecturer, International Humanitarian & Human Rights Law, National Institution for Human Rights (NIHR), since 2010
- Certified lecturer, Constitution & Parliamentary Law, Bahrain Institute for Political Development (BIPD), since 2006.
- Certified lecturer, Administrative & Constitution Law, Bahrain Institute of Public Administration (BIPA), since 2008.
- Member of the Bahrain Bar Society, (BBS), since 2005.
- Member of the Bahrain Red Crescent Society, (BRCS), since 2012.
- Member of the American Society of International Law, (ASIL), since 1999.
- Legal Officer, Directorate of Military Justice, the Bahrain Defense Force (1984-2005):
- Chief, Military Public Prosecutor, (1984-1993).
- Chief, Division of Legal Affairs, (1994-2005).
- President of the High Military Court, (2000-2003).
- Judge at the Supreme Military Court of Appeal (2003-2005).
- Assistant Professor, (Part time), Criminal Law & Criminal Procedures, Gulf University, (2005-2006).
- Assistant Professor, (Part time), International Law & International Organizations, Applied Sciences University (2005-2007).
- Senior Legal Counsellor & Chief of the Legal Advisory Committee of the Council of Representatives, Kingdom of Bahrain, (2007-2009).
- Member of the Board of Trustees, National Institution for Human Rights (NIHR), (April 2010 – January 2011).
- Secretary-General, National Institution for Human Rights, (NIHR), (January 2011- April 2015).
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Bahrain Center for Strategic, International and Energy Studies (DERASAT), since November 2011-March 2015).